does anyone else feel that life is too overwhelming! not motherhood but life

morthood hard but life crap added to it
it seems like NOTHING good has happened to me in forever

realtionship-sucks
his family is trying to make trouble
one sickness after another
money problems-or lack of
can not find a job (he works though)
roof leaks-no money to fix
behide on house taxes
credit cards almost maxed out
we have cut back on everything-no more corners to cut

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• yep I feel the same way and have some of the same problems.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 11:38 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It gets overwhelming. But i have a knack for always looking at the bright side. Spending time with my DD & DH always reminds me of how wonderful life is. Everything could fall apart, but having them two makes me smile every single day.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:26 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yep, I feel the same way
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:26 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I felt that way for years, very depressing but i tried to keep my head up and pressed on.. tried to make best of my life.. then all the sudden everything changed and for the good.. No matter what try to stay positive and find the positive in it.. It never last forever and once you get past all this you will look back and relize it's made you wiser, stronger and happier, feating what you felt you couldn't! Keep your head up and look to your loved ones/friends to help you through it!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I am so sorry, sounds like all this is taking a toll on your relationship.. when i was feelin like you do i was single sooo for some reason it seems easier to deal with it alone. Have you tried sitting down with just him and you, talk about everything and how you feel?
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Im so sorry to hear about all your troubles, my husband & I have the odd harsh time but we just pray & cry out to God for His support & love & thank Him for the good things in our lives. I don't know if you're a christian or not but I sure will pray for you because no matter now hard life gets, God always finds a solution & a good one at that (even if it doesnt seem like it at the time). Sending my love & prayers*
    Ellie15

Answer by Ellie15 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Maybe you can refinance your mortgage or get an equity loan to help u guys out. Money can be a huge stress on people. I used to work thru a temping agency. i'd get work pretty consistently. It wasn't permanent. But you can ask to be considered for permanent positions.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 1:00 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yea it does get like that but you could be dealing with alot worse like some folks out there hun. LIFE is the best thing that will happen to you your ALIVE tho and your babies!..... Can you get state help? do you have a local help line like 211 over the phone assistance?......sit your husband down and talk to him on the REAL...take that time out to do so. Ask him whats on his mind and tell him to express his feelings...and even through hard times do the little things that would make him smile, even if he doesnt all the time he'll see that you making the effort of what you can and have goes along way. =) just words of encouragement....take wisdom where ever it comes from and apply it to your life...stay blessed in which you are and be thankful for what you do have.
    PorscheJ

Answer by PorscheJ at 1:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• frequently. i have lots of ways i try to deal with that kind of stress... from putting things on paper to get a different perspective, breaking up tasks, making plans, making sure to not focus solely on what is wrong, counseling, taking a day off from dealing with things, etc. you are probably sick all the time because of stress. you need to take care of yourself both physically and emotionally - often boils down to the same thing - if you are going to get anywhere. as for the relationship, if you are taking care of yourself and looking for solutions that will probably improve. surely he is stressed out too. family can only cause problems if you let them. unless you are living only with the basics there are always corners to cut - i don't have credit cards, hubby and i both lost our jobs and we're pregnant. funny but we have the same amount of spending money now or more...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• we are living off my unemployment (which is less than half of the pitiful salary i was mking) and eBay. we are pretty stressed out and have been so i completely empathize and the best i can tell you is it's often a matter of perspective and not letting fear control you. if you would like me to detail any of the specifics of anything i have mentioned from tools for dealing with stress to eBay (there really is not a recession on eBay...) please feel free to PM me... or even if you just need an extra shoulder to lean on.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2010