Early Delivery??

Have u delivered early... how early and what if any problems did the baby have a birth... im 35 weeks and its my 4th... i feel like its gonna be any day now and im a little worried about it.

tiffany0317

Asked by tiffany0317 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had my daughter at 37 weeks and she was perfectly healthy....
    i had my son at 36 weeks and the only problem he had was low blood sugar when he was born, they just had to feed him asap to get his sugar stable and they kept him in the nicu for an hour after, his blood sugar was low b/c he was big for a 36 week old baby, he was 8lbs6oz
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I had my second the day I hit 36 weeks. She had no complications. But I had a friend that had a baby at that time and he had breathing problems. It is different for each baby.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I had my daughter at 33 weeks due to preeclampsia. She was only 2 lbs 15oz at birth, so the main challenge was just getting her weight up. Her lungs were strong so she didn't have to be intubated, and the only issues we had to deal with was a day of light treatment for jaundice and an iron supplement for a week. She was in the NICU for 28 days so she could reach 4 lbs and not have any issues with her stopping breathing.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:36 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i had a 32 weeker. he stayed in the nicu for 26 days :(
    i was told at 34 weeks dr's are confident that there will be no lasting problems.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I went into labor early with our 2nd baby, but they stopped the labor because they told me it was too early. If you go in right away, the doctors can assist with that!
    ServinGsus

Answer by ServinGsus at 11:51 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I had my second at 35 weeks on the dot. He was large for gestation and perfect, no problems whatsoever. Only way you could tell he was a preemie was that he slept constantly and turned bright red when he cried.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My second was born at 36 weeks and is just fine!! He was 5lbs 3oz at birth and 8lbs 5oz at 4 weeks! (good old fashioned Mamma's milk)
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 12:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I had my son at 35 weeks 2 days due to preeclampsiaand he was 6lbs 13 oz with no complications. Perfectly healthy.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Once you hit 36 weeks, you're considered full term. It's normal to feel concerned but a baby born after that time would have few if any complications.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• talk to your midwife or dr about why you are concerned and see what they say :)

my son was born at 33 weeks, and was in the NICU for 26 days but now he's a perfectly healthy 4 month old. the time in the NICU was horrible, but now it's behind us, and i'm grateful :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010