How do I get my four year old to start sleeping in here room agian all night?

We moved 2 years ago to a different nighborhood. That is when our daughter started to sleep with us. We can get her to fall asleep in her room but only for 3 hours then she is climb in bed with us. we try to move her back but it doesnt work for long

missy01301

Asked by missy01301 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Start saying you can sleep on the floor next to our bed on a blanket. But not it Mommy and Daddy's bed. For some children they don't like that. But don't make them to comfortable. Or each and every time she comes in. Bring her back to her bed and say this is where you sleep.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• tough love, just gotta make her do it. Our DS wanted to sleep with us at 8 yrs old but I had to draw the line. Its very sweet, but I don't think its right on a regular basis esp after a certain age. They get too dependent.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:31 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• tough love i guess. i cant say much cause our 2yo does the same thing!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• we have a baby gate in the doorway of our 3 and 1 year old's room... they do get up here and there, but they go right back to bed... all i can say is that being persistant can work.
    then again, i have no issue, if either of my girls wake up and want to come into our bed, we let them... the gate is just so that they don't go down the stairs while sleepy...
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2010