Birthday party ideas for a 12 yo girl

I'm in need of some ideas for a Birthday party for my 12 yo dd. It's this month on the 20th but one idea I had is a play, bumper car pizza place but it's 40 miles away and don't know if I want to send 2 hrs on the road (to and fro) instead of party time. I thought of here but don't know if I want the mess, but maybe I could have part of it outside?! I think we will go that way cuz otherwise it's so... expensive. For this age group tho don' know what would be good?? Any ideas?? I remember the one idea a friend had (making bird houses) for the girls to do, can you think of any other things girls had that was fun at their parties or others. She has a them (Mario brothers), but it wouldn't have to be that. What would be good for food rather than the ALL traditional PIZZA? Thanks!

cat4458

Asked by cat4458 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Idk, 1st thing that came in my mind was a sleepover? im not sure if she is too young for that but, i know my niece was invited to a couple at that age, they had pizza n cupcakes.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• a bbq?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• What kinds of things does she like? If she has picked Mario Brothers as a theme, I dont think the bird houses would fit. (unless she asks for it) Why not a video game party? Or a tournament. (I dont know if/what type of game system you have) but things like a Mario Cart Tournament, Wii tournament, Rock Band, etc. Have snack foods out that go with your theme (be creative - it doesnt have to be expensive!) and just let the kids play video games. For those waiting on their turn, you could have kareoke set up. Another fun idea for the theme is to have a photo booth. Just set up a digital camera behind some curtains in the corner of the room and have hats, masks, etc. (all can be Mario themed) and have the timer set to take pictures. The kids would LOVE it. You can print a couple out for the kids to take home as a gift, too! (They could even decorate a photo frame as a keepsake to go with it!)
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 11:40 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• A friend of mine tood her daughter a few friends to a local hotel and had a slumber party. It was such a hit that all the other mothers are now copying. She took them out to a nice restaurant, pedicures and then swimming at the hotel. Of course you wouldn't have to do all of that. You could order pizza in and the girls could give each other makeovers. I thought it was an amazing idea. I have boys so I'll never get to experience it...sniff sniff ;)
    Iluvjandkplus8

Answer by Iluvjandkplus8 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• How about a Hawaiian luau?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Ice skating, or even better, roller skating if you have a rink by you. Sometimes they have evening skating with loud music. Also, evening bowling is fun. We used to have Rock and bowl night. Or a movie. If there is a good tween movie out, I don't know.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2010