How do I heal my skin after a chemical burn?

I started working at a hotel and got some of the bathroom cleaner on my fingers. My right pointer finger is red, swollen, and sore. Any help with healing my wound would be greatly appreciated.

GenieBean

Asked by GenieBean at 11:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Health

• My DS got a chemical burn from wearing Pamper's Splashers over the summer and we put Neosporine with pain relief on it when at home and left it to get plenty of air. When we went out we put zinc oxide on it to keep it coated and moist
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 11:40 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Thank you. I have been soaking it in alcohol for about a minute, and then covering it with neosporine and putting a band aid on it for the past couple of days. I'll get some zinc oxide and see if that helps any more. I have never had a chemical burn before.
    GenieBean

Comment by GenieBean (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Sep. 8, 2010