Babies Encyclopedia:# Should I put tights on a baby girl under the onsie or on top of the onsie?

CafeMom Team will be posting Baby Encyclopedia questions in the Babies Category from Tuesday till Friday of this week. For every question you answer, you'll be entered to win one of the $25 Gap Gift Cards that we're giving away each day!

But there's a catch... only "real" answers will be entered to win the $25 Gap Gift Card. If you do not have tested advice or an informed opinion on the topic, please wait to answer the next question. There will be plenty of opportunities to enter the contest.

We are using these questions to create a mom-tested resource for new and expecting parents, so try to use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling when writing your answers.

Read Official Rules.

CafeMom Team

Asked by CafeMom Team at 11:38 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Under for sure.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Under the onesie if no skirt or other bottom is being worn, and on top or under if one is being worn. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:39 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would say under unless they have learned how to unsnap the onsie, then I would put them over.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i always wondered this too!
    i put them over the onesie!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I always put them under there onesie. The onesie held the tights up better and I think it looks nicer.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• under the onesie. Just like a leotard in dance class! It will help keep them pulled up that way, too....so the tights aren't sagging down by the knees!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 11:42 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Have to agree with everyone, under the onsie. It helps them from falling down and looks nicer.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:46 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Under if they have no cute butt print on them and over if they have print there so it shows from their sress.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:52 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• aww, i am the only one that puts them over? i wear panties under my tights, so why not the onesie under the tights?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would put them on under because they would be less likely to slide down that way.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2010