Do you think white people that don't vote for Obama are racists?

I know many black and white people most are voting for McCain. A woman at my sons school was talking about how white people not voting for Obama are racist. I do think there are some who are that way but in no way do I feel that is how most white people feel. Most I know vote based on issues. Obama is clearly headed towards socialism and many cannot stomach that. My friends and I rarely discuss his race other than to discuss how he has made the divided between blacks and whites worse with accusations he has made. He has made this election about race. So do you think white people who vote for McCain are racist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• There are some racist white people who will not vote for Obama. I do not think all of McCain supporters are racist, but his rallies do not look like the most accepting bunch.
    bestmomIcanbe

Answer by bestmomIcanbe at 2:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• of course not, this question is just plain silly.
    are there people voting for obama because he is black? sure. are there people NOT voting for him because he is black? sure.

what accusations has he made?
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I'm sure there are some people not voting for him only because he is part black but for the most part, I don't think this is the case.

Personally, I wouldn't care if Obama was purple with polka dots and two heads, I'd still be voting for him (I'm white BTW) After the last 8 years under a republican president, I think a lot needs to change which will not happen if we vote in another republican. I agree with more of Obama's policies than McCain's.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• This issue has been discussed numerous times. I would consider this a troll post because of its content.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 2:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• HA! I refused to be guilted into voting for Obama! I don't like him no matter his color. This reverse racism is just BS. @@

So NO, I'm voting McCain and I would still vote McCain if he was AA.
    Anonymous

• this again yikes
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I don't think that that is a fair statemtent. People should vote based on who will best represtent them. There are alot of white republicans and so they aren't going to vote for Obama. It pains me however to see the amount of hatred aparent in the republican party towards Obama, but people should vote based on the issues not gender or race.
    ayindemommy

Answer by ayindemommy at 2:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I am not voting for Obama, and I am not racist. My best friend isn't even white. I am going to vote for the person who I think will do a better job. I don't like either one of the candidates, but I think that McCain will do a better job than Obama.
    Anonymous

• I'm not voting for Obama and you can't call me a racist, I'm more of a minority than he is, lol!

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I'am voting Obama and do think that some people will not vote for him because of his color, but I believe he's more of a white man than a black man. And people are going to need to deal with it because he's going to be President.
    Deb79

Answer by Deb79 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2008