what's the best treatment for diaper rash?

dee143143

Asked by dee143143 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Prevention, use the butt creams at every diaper changing even if it's not needed. Just get into the habit.
    LizMomTo4Girls

Answer by LizMomTo4Girls at 2:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• my son has very fair skin. A cup of juice will give him a rash! The things we've found that work the best are Butt Paste, some no-diaper time, and also some aloe cream my MIL bought. we put the Butt Paste brand on at night, during the day we use the aloe cream and we let him "air dry" for a few minutes after we put on the aloe cream.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Try Balmex. I think it works wonders. Get the big tub and slather it on thickly. It always does the trick.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You realize you're gonna get 20 different answers here..lol..but heres mine. Obviously prevention would be your everyday concern..but once it happens..and it does to all of us the only thing I found that heals, protects and doesn't burn even the worst rashes is Dr. Smiths Diaper oinment. Walmart and Target both have it. It takes a very small amount. The jar is about 7 bucks but it lasts a long, long time. Good Luck.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Air and sunlight...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I think each baby is different as to what is gonna work best on him/her.

:) we have the Dr.Smiths and Balmex along with just about every other cream. but you saw our method above.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I tried and liked beauderaux's, balmex, a and d. Didnt like desitin..
    rojareb84

Answer by rojareb84 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Vaseline always worked great for my kids, as prevention OR treatment.
    MrsT6102

Answer by MrsT6102 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Cloth diapers.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 2:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• check out earthmamaangelbaby.com they have wonderful baby bottom balm.. we use it as a preventative.. our son only have one spot of diaper rash when we brought him home from the hospital, they used desitine, and sent it home with us, i threw it away and he's never had diaper rash since.. its also great for cuts..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 2:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2008