Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

How can I find my Birth Father?

I was given up at birth & have found my biological Mother. She will not tell me who my Father is, refuses! I have my original Birth Cert and Father is listed as unknown. I know that he was a Migrant worker from Mexico in 1965 & worked on my Grandparent's Farm during the planting & harvesting season. She never told him that she was pregnant with me , so I don't know if he even knows I exist; however, due to hereditary, I have a Load of auto-immunities that are believed to be hereditary, that along with the desire to meet him before I cannot, is becoming more pressing to me as my health continues to slowly decline. Any suggestions on where to start looking??My Birth Mother has sworn all to secrecy, so they won't even give me a name to start with. I have location worked, location where housed, but cannot find anything...PLEASE any & all suggestions where to find a migrant worker from Mexico List from 1965? Thank you


Asked by butterfly1966 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Adoption

Level 2 (11 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Do you have any family members at all that would remember him from working on your grandparents' farm? Maybe neighbors of the farm at the time? Or someone in the community that lived there at that time? Just every angle you could try to come up with of someone who might've known of him back then so you might get a name at least. That's sad that your bio mother won't give you his info. I put a son up for adoption 27 years ago and I have been working for years with his bio father's family to try to find him (the bio father's sister is really trying to find him so she can add him to their family tree and I gave her every bit of info I could to help her) Best of luck to you and maybe your bio mother will see how selfish she's being and change her mind.

    Answer by KimPippin at 7:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • i dk where u would start .. but ill bump u and i hope u get to see him soon

    Answer by san78 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • WOW! How SELFISH of your mother to keep that information from you. Doesn't she realize she is harming you and possibly your kids? You should know about your parent's medical history in order for you to better deal with your health issues!

    I would go to the area where the family is from and ask the elders about who owns the ranch and start there. Ask and should be able to trace the family. Good luck to you.

    Answer by AdrianaS at 12:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • I can't believe there are mother's out there that think it's ok to withold the name of their child's father. Unbelievable! You have every right to know his name and she has no right to withhold it from you, especially with your health problems. She knows her father's name. GRRRR

    Since it's not on your birth certificate I don't know how else you can get it other than to nag, plead, get angry with your bio mom and other extended family members. Good luck.


    Answer by onethentwins at 12:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • Thank you so very much!

    Comment by butterfly1966 (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • I agree with the other ladies. I think it's disgusting that she won't tell you who your real father is. I personally, don't think any adopted child should EVER be lied to, or have information withheld, about where they come from or who their bio-parents are. Do your bio-grandparents know about your health conditions or how serious they are? Maybe bio-aunts/uncles? I just can't believe a whole family would keep such a secret knowing what it could cost you. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this and wish you the best of luck finding him! God Bless!

    Answer by SheIsMySunrise at 2:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • Um, my first thought is that maybe she feels she is protecting you, because she was raped or there was incest or she really doesn't even know, because it was some man passing through. I suggest speaking with grandparents and any other relatives you can track down, emphasizing your medical need for information. I'm sorry that I don't have better advice for you, but I hope you get helpful information!

    Answer by Bellarose0212 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • gl

    Answer by mekarevell at 12:51 AM on Oct. 12, 2010