Does anyone know what your purpose in life is?

I always wonder why God made me and what my purpose is? I am still trying to find out what it is? anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• My purpose is to serve god. My way of doing that was through foster care. that is not everyones way but it is mine. by providing a loving GOd centered home for kids in crisis I an hopefullly leading others toward him.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 2:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I really believe that my purpose in life is to serve people. My heart aches so badly for certain causes, and there is something so strong in me that makes me want to do something about it. So I'm taking steps to help people through some things I have been through I didnt go through that for nothing! Thats just me though :)
    zionsmom1

Answer by zionsmom1 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• in our church we get a blessing as a child which gives us special talents or strengths. as you get older about the age of when you go on a mission you get whats called a patriarchal blessing. this tells you the purpose and blessings that are handed down to you by god. some mention when you will marry other mention that you will become a bishop one day or another will say that your life will be filled with trails beyond your measures but the lord needs this to happen to fulfill another blessing that will come from it. some are to become leaders etc. they are very sacred and not be shared with just anyone. only your family. it's great knowing why you feel in you something but not sure why and when you read this it all makes sense. it did for me. now i have direction and direction directly from heavenly father. what could be more special.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yes, I now know exactly what I am meant to do and I am doing it everyday.
    Anonymous

• to take over the world...
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• The answer is simple and amazing. We were created for relationship. God, who has always been, and is, and always will be, never was created - didn't need humans. But He wanted (key word) someone to share Himself and His love with and to have a relationship with, so He created us and gave us a free will, so we can have the option of choosing Him. (there's no relationship to be had with a pre-programed robot). Our purpose (whatever the specifics are in our lives) comes from that simple answer. Can I send you a message?
    called2bmom

Answer by called2bmom at 5:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My 1st priority or purpose to is live for God fully, to take up my cross and follow him, to be a light into this dark world, to spread the truth of Christ to all. After that, God has called me to be the best wife and mother I can be. Anything after that is bonus! =)
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 5:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• To eat chocolate mousse and to read Good Night Moon 10x before I lick a popsicle and bathe in hot sauce.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe we are individually born to a specific purpose. I don't believe there is an ultimate meaning of life. I'm not entirely without spiritualism; my thoughts to wander as to what intelligence could have initiated such complexity that is our universe, but I don't give it a name or a face or a ritual.

I believe as conscious, social, intelligent beings we have an obligation to take care of one another, and to remain as harmonious as possible with the other life we share this planet with. But that's about it.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Anon/OP, what you are saying is that you want to know what you are designed for/ what your spiritual gifts are? You can visit www.trinitywired.com ; click onto "assess me" & register to take the assessment test. Once you fully understand how you're wired, you will naturally find ways to use your gifts to help fulfill your God honoring purpose. Once I found that my purpose in life is to serve others, it made sense as to why I love customer service jobs. Then I zeroed in on how to help people for God's glory. I discovered that helping senior citizens is my purpose and now my ministry. I do my work heartily as for the Lord and I haven't been more fulfilled than I am when I'm helping my clients. PM me when you have your results. I'd love to hear about it.

OldrWizrMom

Answer by OldrWizrMom at 11:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2008