Option for Inducing Labor....looking for advice

My Dr said he could set a date for inducing my labor.
I am torn between letting it happen naturally or inducing. this is my third child and I always go up to my due date.
I am interested in others opinions who had been induced.

soccer4women

Asked by soccer4women at 2:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I personally have never been induced. However, my sister-in-law who has had one child naturally and two induced said the pain was much worse when she was induced.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• 99% of the inductions I've known end in c-section!!! My BFF had a miserable time with hers then had to face her worst fear which was the surgery.

If your baby is showing no signs of distress or anything, let nature take it's course! Due dates are never exact so what if they got yours wrong and they end up inducing you before he was ready? My BFF was induced at "41 weeks" but gave birth to a small baby who still had the little hair on him because he was not full term yet.
    Anonymous

• The medicine that they use to induce usually causes more pain. Have you tried natural methods to induce labor, there are all kinds of book about it. Sex, nipple stimulation... The doctors wanted to induce my son. I walked the hospital over and over and stimulated my nipples until my baby came.
    ayindemommy

Answer by ayindemommy at 2:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I was induced and I really wish I had been more patient. I was induced 2 weeks early so it would be more convenient for my in-laws to be here. I was in labor for 17 hours and only dilated to 2 cm's and had to have a c-section. So be careful b/c if the baby isn't ready to come, he/she WILL NOT come! lol. They try to make the rules. Just be prepared for a possible c-section if you are induced.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• well i know what u mean i have 3 kid of my own and my first was hard he would not come i so tired he was 3 days late my aunt told me to take 1teaspoon of castorul and drink oj and see was right i went in to laber so u have to make up your own mind i say let hem do it my other 2 kids were induced and i was fine it hurts eather way so just do it i did not have to have a c section
    vnessa65

Answer by vnessa65 at 2:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i've never been induced but I have heard from a lot of my family and friends that the pain is alot worse
    cjjustlex

Answer by cjjustlex at 2:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I was induced when I had my son. That was 19 years ago.. I carried him almost 10 months. He weighed 91/2 lbs.. lol.. He was literally running out of room.. And I had him natural. No C-section. For my daughter I went into labor, and she was much easier to have. Of course she only weighed 71/2lbs.. I think it differs for each women.. I would try some homemade remedies for going into labor.. There are plenty out there to try.. I wish you lots of luck..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 2:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I WAS INDUCED WITH MY 1ST ONE AND THE LABOR WAS MUCH WORSE THAN IT WAS WITH MY 2ND BUT 1ST LABORS ARE ALWAYS WORSE SO IDK MY SISTER N LAW WAS ALSO INDUCED BUT SHE HAD A BABY BACK N DECEMBER THAT WAS STILLBORN SO I GUESS IT JST DEPENDS WHY THEIR INDUCING U SINCE U HAVE HAD A BABY B4 U SHUD B FINE
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I was induced with my son because I had high blood pressure that would not come down. Let's just say my baby didn't come down either! The Pitocin wasn't giving me good contractions. They broke my water and 14 hours later, I was only dilated to a 4 and they wern't even able to feel his head. He was still way up high. Needless to say, it ended in a C-Section.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I would never do that. I can't believe how irresponsible your doctor is. To induce for no medical reason whatsoever is to expose both you and your baby to unecessary risk. Find a doctor who is more concerned for you and your baby's health than his/her convenience.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 2:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2008