how would you handle this?

What should I do? My 10 yr old dd tells me no, make me when I tell her to do something. How should I discipline her each time she does it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• sit her down and let her know that is not the way to talk to an adult....if she continues start taking away privledges....better now then before it gets worse...remember you are the parent not the friend...not yet anyway.
    Anonymous

• Take away something she loves, and add time away from it for each time she flips out. For my girl it's t.v., and when she starts flippin her lid about no t.v. I add another hour/day.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 2:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You could always do what I've heard works the best...take EVERYTHING out of her room except for her mattress and box springs. Make her earn every outfit, every book, every stuffed animal back for good behavior. I've heard it works like magic =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• 4 starters, it could very well b the beginning of puberty & hormone changes (bc my 9 yr. old daughter acts the samy way sumx) & I would still talk 2 her, but in a different way. i would start by asking her how she's feeling? What's going on? Is there anything she wants 2 talk about & let her lead the conversation. This way, she'll know u recognize somethings changed & that she can talk 2 u but I would also reinforce 2 her that it doesn't excuse her behavior and that rules r rules & not following them has consequences which is taking things away from her. Good luck & if u find something else that works, please let me know !!!!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2008