Peanut allergy

So I was talkin with some fellow co-workers and mothers as well. We got to talking about peanut allergies for kids. They recommended not givin my baby anything with peanuts in it for up to two years old to avoid from them bein allergic to peanuts and peanut products. Should I not eat anything with peanuts while I am pregnant? my fave candy bar is a snickers and reeses peanut butter cups. Or can you avoid a peanut allergy in your child??

Just wondering.

mgurl

Asked by mgurl at 2:21 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• idk i ate peanuts and anything else i could get my hands on... and my son isnt allergic to any foods that we know of yet!.... careful in the later months u can get terrible heart burn from candy.. i do it hurts...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 2:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• When I was pregnant with my son I ate the hell outta Reese Peanute Butter Cups. My son was bornm with real bad exzema and it wouldn't go away even with creams, one day I took him to the doctor and they offered to do a food allergy test and it turns out he is allergic to nuts and nut products, but my eating them while I was pregnant had nothing to do with it.
    Lokah13

Answer by Lokah13 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Well I am a experienced mom,none of my babies had food allergies. I eat peanut butter often especially when there is nothing to snack on. I am not worried.
    loriec

Answer by loriec at 3:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2008