Are you going to Tea Party "school"?

HANNIBAL, Missouri (Reuters) – Some Tea Partiers admit mistakes were made. Others are quick to describe the movement's recent efforts in the political arena as not quite ready for prime time.

But the conservative upstart is determined to shed its amateur status. To that end, members are literally going to school. They are taking part in training sessions, some of which are underwritten by established conservative groups like American Majority, the Leadership Institute and Americans for Prosperity.

Indeed, an up-close look at the Tea Party in 15 states over a three-month period during this summer's political primaries showed a group striving to make the transition from unruly protesters to effective activists. Their near term goal is to gain a foothold at the most basic levels of government -- from city councils to state assemblies.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL They seem to be doing pretty darn good as it is in my opinion. I don't think you need lessons on how to know you re being screwed over and voice your opinion
    ______________________________________________

If the Tea Partiers want to be taken seriously they need to get their act together. They're doing a horrible job of it. No two tea parties are alike, in some areas the Tea Party movement represents something different than it does in an area. They are unorganized.

So I guess if you think pretty darn good is an unorganized group of protesters then good for you. But to me, for now it's nothing more than a mess.
    NonnasMomma

Answer by NonnasMomma at 2:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Personally, I think that Obama walked into a mess and has been trying to clean it up. He didn't cause the economic downturn...

Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 12:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Education is usually a good thing.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

I am quite disappointed that the Tea Party has become just another GOP soapbox that "deifies" (as the article put it) Bush Sr. and Jr. and pretty much anyone labeled "Republican." I think they've missed a serious opportunity to unite the country.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

Of course thats the case..and Im surprised that this TEA PARTY SCHOOL will actually tell the truth about the last 3 republican Presidents....the Mom's on CM will DENY that they did anything of the sort..especially Reagan..Im curious to see the response to this "class"

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original
    *************************************************
    Yup....
    Do you think the TeaParty school will teach them how to spell ....remember the signs? Teabonics? :-)
    THAT was spectacular.....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Very interesting article, sweet!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Steph, did you read the whole article? It's a very interesting take...on how to go from merely voicing your opinion to actually getting results. It's a long read but well worth the time.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Not in the least, but I cant have a legit conversation with people who lie or are so misguided that they think this STARTED in Jan 2009..KWIM?

I know exactly what you mean Sweet. It's like beating a dead horse, that poor thing.
    Thanks for sharing the article and the proof that education might just do this nation some good. No more this party or that party but the fact they equally screwed up this nation.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Do you think the TeaParty school will teach them how to spell ....remember the signs? Teabonics? :-)
    THAT was spectacular.....

It sure was gertie. I remember laughing about it during dinner. Oh how I love the tea party - they make for such hilarious dinner conversations.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 8:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010