My dh found 2 unopened packs of lottery tickets the other day.

We couldnt resist scratching all of them to see how many winners there were. There were 14 winning tickets out of 200. And out of that there was only $355. These were $10 tickets so I really thought there would be more winnings. Dont worry we didnt cash them in, they had not been scanned in at the store. Wouldnt you have thought there would have been more. The lottery is such a scam.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Pretty sure that scratching unsold lottery tickets is illegal. Hope you don't get caught...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Ha, thats cool
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yup, what SleepingBeautee says. I'm also pretty sure that they keep a close eye on them so how did you 'find' 2 packs of them?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• where did u find them
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• And you didn't call the lottery office to turn them in? You just scratched them? Wow...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would have thought they would have had more winning tickets
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 12:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Well I guess they have to make all the money they give away and then some somehow. lol. I don't do them very often but have gotten several winners. :) Maybe I should just feel more lucky knowing this. lol.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• yaaa, id be careful with that kinda stuff
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would have cashed the $355 in if there wasn't a name on them and yes I too would think there would be more winning tickets. but 14 is bad. cash those bad boys in get that money.
    mom1T2Ldh

Answer by mom1T2Ldh at 12:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• They were likely stolen ~ and should be turned in. When packs are stolen, the numbers are turned in and reported to the commission, so if you try to cash them you will be charged for it. You should have just turned them in, or called the cops to pick them up.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010