head board cover?

My daughter wants a princess bed and I was just going to paint her head board pink and put some of the princess wall stickers on it but her father doesnt want me to. (It was his bed when he was a kid. And we have a son and I guess he wants him to have it.) So anyways, I thought I could make like a slip cover for her headboard. Im just a beginner in the sewing department. Do you think this project will be too hard for me? It doesnt need to be real fancy. I was thinking like a big pillowcase with some padding.

nicholeml

Asked by nicholeml at 2:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• well i would get a peace of ply wood and have your hubby cut it like a crown and u put the padding a fab on it is a cheap way to make a head bord and cute
    vnessa65

Answer by vnessa65 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• they have a tutorial on www.hgtv.com
    CookieZenmilk

Answer by CookieZenmilk at 7:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• can you use a staple gun? :) that's the easiest way to make a head board cover.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/fn_bedroom/article/0,,DIY_13822_2269695,00.htm

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• If you make a pillowcase style, attach long ties on the side and tighten it at the back where the ties won't be seen!
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2008