can you see your kids in school?

his teacher did not let me se my son...5 year old in his first day off school!!!!!!!ahh...

spring80

Asked by spring80 at 12:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• huh i am confused . i can not see my dd while she is on school but i take her to school everyday and see her off to school .
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• see him? for what reason? an emergency then its wrong but if just to see if he was ok then maybe the teacher didnt want ur son upset or something
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• if i wanted to im sure i could..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I can walk my kids to their class everyday. If I want to visit while they are in school I can. I just have to arrange it with the teachers.
    Maybe call the teacher and see if you can sit in one day, just to see how he is doing.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• my kids' school as an open door policy so if i ever want to sit in on their class all i have to do is sign in and get a vistor pass or if i just want to peep in on them all the class rooms have these little windows next to the doors where u can look in and see almost everything! you should ask the principle if they have an open door policy!
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 12:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• No, parents aren't permitted in the classrooms without permission from the principle... If you have cause to see your child during school hours you can go to the office and ask to see them... But beyond an emergency, I don't know why anyone would even need to do that...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• If you have a reason or a particular concern, I'm sure you would be able to observe the classroom. The reason many schools don't allow parents in is because is distracting to the students, parents don't follow procedures, and students are confused over who they should be listening to, the parent or the teacher. I'm sure you have good intentions, but imagine 20 parents all peeking in and waving at their littles ones- it would be quite a distraction.

If you want a sneak peak at what goes on in the classroom all day try to volunteer- that way you get to help out the teacher AND you get to see what goes on all day!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• For what reason? Just to see her on the first day of school? It's a disruption and a distraction. Education is about the children learning something, not about indulging the parents.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• the reason is that kindergarten is a difficult transition for alot of kids. and with most seperation anxiety is still there and if mommy is trying to come check on him and he sees it could cause a meltdown. im sure you can go peek in his classroom window if you want.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• If I need to yes I can .
    Lorelei_momof2

Answer by Lorelei_momof2 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2010