how to potty train a 27 month old girl.

Asked by trenitysmommy at 12:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• wear big girl panties. she wont like when she can feel wet, GL

Answer by m0m2twoboys at 12:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I don't know. I'd like to know for a 33 month old boy! LOL! The big boy underpants didn't work. He didn't care if he felt wet.

Answer by elwalters77 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I got my son's favorite character undies and told him that Spidey doesn't like to be pooped on. Sit her on the potty every 20 minutes or so for a little while, do a sticker chart too

Answer by ohgirl73 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Ask her every half hour "Do you have to goto pee pee? Do you have to go poopoo?"
    If she says no, check her her diaper or training pants, see if she went. Whether or not she has to go, put her on her potty anyway.

Answer by rileysmommy811 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• ask her and find a good reward for her..special panties, 1 m&m everytime she goes, sticker chart..put her on the potty every 45min/1hr expecially if you know she recently had liquids to drink and when she does go have a party(dance, sing a potty song, tell everyone you can) we called nana in california and told her when our girls first went...very special...

Answer by mommyof2wa at 1:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• put her in undewear and put her on the potty every 30 minutes. When she goes reward takes a few days but this is how I trained all three of my boys.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 6:03 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• With my daughter, I put her in big girl panties and set the timer for to go off every 20 minutes and when the timer went off, we'd go sit on the potty and if she went, she got to put a sticker on her potty chart. When her potty chart was full of stickers, we let her go pick out a new small toy from the store. I had her potty trained in about a week.

Answer by crazymomma05 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Just be consistent at whatever you do. Both of my boys were potty trained by 2 and I just did the no undies at home-undies when we went out and pull-ups on long trips. Now I don't have girls but maybe try the no undies at home, only if you you feel comfortable having her run around with nothing on-my boys still had a shirt on. Good Luck and be patient and consistent.

Answer by amybuddy45 at 8:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Rewards always worked in my house...try Hershey kisses. We'd make a big deal out of buying big girl/boy undies.

Answer by realtorshelly at 11:48 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• tell them no more diapers and put a popt in the room with them at all times

Answer by sid2007 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2008