My 4 year old has a real problem with potty training, she will do #2 on the toilet but she will sit in her room and pee all over herself, and she will only go to the bathroom when I make her go, What can I do, does anyone else have this problem??

She has a real attitude about the whole potty training thing also, she will scream at me if I make her sit on the toilet!

mykidsmylife06

Asked by mykidsmylife06 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe try the rewards system? Place a box on top of the fridge with a surprise in it, for the big girl who goes potty, or stays dry, then give it to her. I always had a few special gifts stashed for this occasion.
    Nursekim99

Answer by Nursekim99 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I gave each of my girls a trip to Build A Bear when they were potty trained. It was their first time there and their big sister had them, so it was a very big deal. I made it a whole mommy & me day, we went to lunch afterwards & the park. But I kept it all very "light" and would just give them little reminders about earning the trip. And if they messed up, I said you tried really hard today, maybe soon we can go.
    sarahjean3

Answer by sarahjean3 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 19, 2008