Would you vote for Rahm?

So it's rumored that Rahm Emmanuel would leave the Whitehouse and run for mayor of Chicago.

"Rahm Emanuel has never been shy about his ambition to be mayor of Chicago. He told me and a bunch of other people last year that he would run if Rich Daley decided not to seek a seventh term. After his dream of being the first Jewish speaker of the House was thwarted by his taking the job of White House chief of staff, he switched his goal to City Hall."

I think that's laughable but I don't know much about the people of Chicago and how they feel about the corruption there.
Would you vote for him if he was running for the mayor of your city?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My God, those people just don't get it.

Anyone connected to Mr. Obama will be sullied from now until forever.

How is it that they aren't getting it?

The narcissism is deafening with these people.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Don't know. Local politics are a COMPLETELY different kettle of fish from the national stage, and I have no idea what his stances are on road improvements, budgets for my public library, and grants for local social service agencies ranging from the Boys and Girls Club to a pregnancy alternative center. Would he fight to prevent construction of a quarry south of my city? I don't know.

And I don't know what's important in Chicago and where he stands on things important to Chicagoans. Would like to hear from folks in the Windy City.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• So you're saying you must be judged by the company you keep, Grace? What does that say for Mr. Obama's Secretary of Defense, who was also SecDef for President GW Bush and Deputy National Security Advisor to President GHW Bush?

What does that say for General David Petraeus, appointed by Mr. Obama as commander of US Forces in Afghanistan?

Are both of them forever sullied now?

Answer by gdiamante at 1:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• No!
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• No.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My cousins, who are also liberal~ live in Chicago.. In their opinion, Rahm is a joke... Since I don't live there to follow the race, I will let them determine what is best for their city.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• NO.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• not if he was running for janitor
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 3:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• rolling on floor

Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• General David Petraeus,

Ya think he's the same calliber person as Rahm Emanuel??????????????????

Really...........

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010