Chicken pox... should I send him to school?

A mom in our playgroup called this morning and her little girl has the chicken pox. We saw them exactly 13 days ago. Incubation for CP is 14-16 days. My 4 y/o is supposed to have Prek this afternoon and again on Friday... should I pull him for these two days to be sure he didn't get it? Or is that going overboard?

LeanneC

Asked by LeanneC at 12:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would send him, Chicken pox in kids isn't such a bad thing... its in adults that is becomes an issue
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 12:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Did he not get the chicken pox vaccine? I didnt think you were contageous unless you broke out. I'd send him.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would send him until he starts exhibiting symptoms.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 12:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It never hurts to be too sure. I would definately keep him out of PreK for at least two days. If he did catch it, you wouldn't want to spread it along to other children. Personally, I'd keep my child home.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• hes gota get it sometime, but i wouldnt intentionally let him get it. pull him if u want, but u cnt protect him forever from it
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would say send him... IF he shows signs of infection, keep him home, but as long as he isn't, there isn't any reason to not send him.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would send him as long as he isn't having signs of it. Maybe let his teachers know to watch him and if he gets any "spots" to let you know. lol.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I know it's not a bad thing... but I don't want to take away the other parents choice in the matter. I guess if he has it, they would have been exposed already anyway?
    LeanneC

Comment by LeanneC (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• unless he is already broken out I'd send him
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think he is safe if he hasn't had a breakout yet. But you are a wonderful parent to think of that!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010