How can we conceive a baby boy??

We have 3 beautiful little girls and want to try one last time for that boy!! Heard of things you can try that could determine the sex. Any ideas??

clad5280

Asked by clad5280 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• have the right chromosones!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 12:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• well we googled it and found a few ways to better your chances. like which day of ovulation you concieve n could change it, also the deeper he is when he ejaculates gives a better chance for boy since boy sperm swim faster but die faster and it gives them shorter distance to swim....girl sperm live longer so they can swim further even though not as fast. also positions like doggy give boys advantage.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Dont believe any of the myths about positions, things to eat, not to eat, etc. It's not possible to predetermine the sex of your child unless you have your husb's sperm separated at a lab, and then inject only the males into you at your fertile time. Good luck to you both. In the meantime, hope your hubby can handle being surrounded by all the lovely females :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• The theory goes that Y-chromosome sperm (boys) are faster but die quicker, while X-chromosome sperm (girls) are slower but heartier and live longer. Therefore, you need to track your ovulation and have sex the same day or day after you ovulate. That way, the egg is sitting there, waiting to be fertilized when the speedy boy sperm show up. Otherwise, if you have sex before you ovulate, the speedy boy sperm will arrive to an empty uterus, die, and then the hearty, longer-living girl sperm will fertilize the egg when it finally arrives.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 12:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Girrrl!!! pray about it and have abundant faith, stay blessed. worked for me!
    PorscheJ

Answer by PorscheJ at 12:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• You cannot in any way shape or form choose the gender of your child. Even implanting specific sperm into through invetro isn't even an exact science.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• IVF with PGD.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Thank you all!! I totally understand that you can't "for sure" choose, but if there are any ideas, I am SOOO open to them!! LOL, I mean, I love my girls don't get me wrong but I want my baby boy to complete the package. If it doesn't happen, we will love out 4th little girl just as much!
    clad5280

Comment by clad5280 (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Have sex with my husband... LMAO! I have three boys and tease my dh that he can only make boy babies :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• track your ovulation, and then have sex spot on when you ovulate that exact day as close to O as you can. I have 2 boys, and we've always done that, not on purpose, just worked out that way. Now I really want a girl next time, so I'll be tracking my ovulation and then having sex a few days before expected ovulation, then not again. That's the theory behind it. Good luck!!
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 12:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2010