I thought it wasn't political?

.” This morning on Fox & Friends, contributor Andrew Napolitano said that because Glenn Beck has assembled “the largest political gathering in the past 40 years,” “suddenly, the left is worried.”

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 12:56 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "I am just wondering why OP chose to use a political commentator's single opinion as a factor to prove her opinion as the REAL common sense truth"

I'm wondering why you waste so much time picking it apart.

I personally am scared of anyone who will follow Glen Beck.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Only people who are not confident in their opinions would stoop to calling others who do not agree with them names. I may not agree with what another person says, but I'm smart enough to not assume that someones who does not see things my way politically-speaking is slow.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• What difference does it make whether it was political, self serving garbage, or just a bunch of people who wanted to go listen to GB and co. and commiserate on how lousy they feel the country is doing?

The fact is the left SHOULD fear it because there is a growing number of people who are fed up with the left, the progressives, the 'shove it down our throats because we're too dumb to like it elitists', and all the rest of the liberal policies. We're tired of being taxed for everything and getting nothing in return (at least those of us who work). We're tired of those who don't/won't work getting more than those who can't/our elderly. We're tired of the debt mounting along with the unemployment figures.

Call it what ever makes you happy ~ political serves as well as any other word. From all of the pundit/commentator stories around, you aren't alone in your worry or fears.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• it wasn't political in that one party can claim it. It WAS a pretty big STATEMENT that a lot of people are not happy with the current POLTICAL climate and things that are being done.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• A political analyst/commentator can make the coupon section of the Sunday paper "political'... That is what they do... Most of us are aware of the role of a commentator/analyst. We don't put much 'stock' into them.. But rather, we question their commentary to develop our OWN opinions... They are simply here to encourage thought. But to take their words as THE WORD, is asinine. Just like what you do is make mountains out of molehills... Which is also asinine. A better question is, do you agree with Andrew Napolitano's commentary on Beck's rally ... Not, because Andrew Napolitano said "this"~ then it must be true... So, no it isn't political just because you heard some commentator give his opinion that the left is worried about some event that took place... LOL...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• No, I was speaking of the followers that would attend such an event..unless you were the

~Ahhh, so those who attended the event you have judged and defined as SLOW PEOPLE... Got it.. Thanks for clarifying.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• So, based on the opinion of one commentator/analyst, do you seriously deem an action/event 'political' by your standards? I think you need to raise your standards... ;oP
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• No, that's not WHY its political...it WAS a cross between televangelism and politics..and pretty gross as well

~Your opinion.... Still, doesn't make it REAL..
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't know if it was political. I wouldn't have assumed that it was. I wasn't there for it. I listened to the live stream and what I heard was about personal values and 'getting back to' (like once upon a time - or something of the sort). I haven't heard anyone that actually attended the rally complain about the content. The only complaints I have heard or read are from leftist media and the more liberal CM's here (to be expected). Problem is, some of them practically burned Beck at the stake for even having the gall to hold a rally and talking about how the whole rally was BS because of A-B-C, and then she later came back and asked what it was all about because she didn't have sound on her computer. I found that rather telling of her baseless opinion.

I guess I just don't care if it was political or not.  If people came away from an event inspired then I guess it should matter most to them. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yup, Kool-Aid drinkers

~Well then~ least you're honest in that you are being judgmental towards a group of people you have probably never met. Honesty points to you. IMO~Doesn't seem very 'liberal'/open minded, but ohh well, C'est la vie, right?! ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2010