I am five days late and freakin just a little, what would you do?

So I am five days late, i took a test but it was negative, i guess it could be too soon to tell but how soon can you tell?? I am getting anxious thinking about it non stop, what would you do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you are 5 days late and tested negative, you're most likely not pregnant. If you are genuinely worried, make a dr appt and get a blood test and checked out.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It all depends on if you are pregnant or that your HCG levels are not high enough to get a reading. I would wait a few more days and if no period then retest. The waiting game is always so hard.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Take another test. Or just call your doc and get a conclusive blood test if you want to know for sure.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 1:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i would feel very anxious, wait another day or two and pee on a stick first thing in the am, if negative again, I would still be anxious until it came back positive or i got my period

wish i could help you relax, pretty normal feelings

good luck on outcome
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I know this is easier said than done, but try NOT to think about it. What's done is done. You can test again in another week if you dont start. If you are pregnant, then you deal with it. If you aren't, then you take more precautions so you dont go thru this anxiety again. Good luck
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• u could always call ur family doc n see if they can give you a test .but i personally would just wait a lil longer n take another home test
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Chances are you aren't pregnant. If you were, it would be showing up by now. Periods can be late for other reasons like stress or a recent illness. You may want to test again to be sure if you think you may not have done the test correctly the first time.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2010