Was I wrong to be uncomfortable?

When I went to pay my rent this month the manager was asleep. She is pregnant and is due any day and wasn't feeling well. So I told her roommate not to wake her up just to take my rent that I would come back later. I went back over there after about 3 hours and was told she was still sleeping. However her roommate offered to take my rent from me and have the manger bring me a receipt when she woke up. I knew then I shouldn't have given it to her but she had her hand out and I was to embarrassed to tell her no. So I gave it to her but the manger never did bring me a receipt. So yesterday I called the management company and asked them if they had received it. They got all snotty with me and basically told me that she is a competent employee(which she isn't but that's not the point) and that they most likely got the rent already. I know I should have probably just gone and asked her for the receipt but she is really snotty.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would contact the manager and ask if there is a more convenient way for your to pay your rent. Since you had to go to her place twice to pay, had to leave the payment with the roomate who is not an employee and have not gotten a receipt. This doesn't sound like a professional set up.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would go back there asap & get the receipt! Hopefully you paid by check. You have every right to request proof that they received your payment.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• You need your receipt. Period. That's your only proof that the check went where it needed to go. You need to ask them what "most likely recieve" means.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would call back and demand my receipt as my proof I have paid my rent and will not have any worries of my children not having a home if the rent is misplaced or if it may be forgotten of whom paid the rent. Good lcuk!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would go back for receipt for your peace of mind..
    mamiD4

Answer by mamiD4 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Them getting snotty is no excuse form them not giving you a receipt. You have the right, when spending your money, to get proof of your purchase, and you should not have to be made to feel bad for it.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 1:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I agree with the others! I would go back as soon as possible and get a receipt. Hopefully you'll be able to get one without a problem :)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010