Is this back labor?

I've had 6 kids, been in prodromal and pre-labor for a week. Dilated to 4, 100% effaced. Baby is posterior and we've been trying to reposition him all week with no luck. Today, I was doing laundry and I started feeling sharp pain in my back AND butt that accompanied my contractions. They are still spaced out- maybe every 12 minutes or so right now. I'm wondering if this is early back labor or did I hurt my butt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You better get your bags packed and order that epidural! Good luck.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Maybe the baby is trying to put him/herself in the down position and is hitting a nerve. When I had back labor with my first it was absolutely the worst. My lower back hurt worse than the contractions across my abdominal. It could be back labor pains if it's going into your butt also. Just keep an eye on that clock!!
    Good luck.
    If you have had 6 kids and this is the only one that you've had back labor pains your in great shape, lol. Take Care.

Maybe some hot compresses and massage on your lower back will help- put your SO hands to work through labor.
    cuteasabutton78

Answer by cuteasabutton78 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I had back labor and it started as, what I thought, was lower back pain, only it got worst. Keep an eye on it. You might be in the early stages of labor.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• When I had back labor I felt it in my lower part of the baby. i remember my midwife having me do different positions to get baby to move. Baby would move. But as soon as i was out of that position for a bit. Baby was back there. So I just kept do them to try and get baby to stay. But she never did. I also had it with my second. But with her I had an epidural and could not move. So I had to sit there with constant pressure. I hated that again. Never again will I get an epidural.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Sounds like baby is trying to reposition! Try some hands and knees positioning to get baby into a better position.
    Good Luck!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2010