Feeding Schedule

Ok so my son just turned 9Months and I am clueless what to feed him and when, he is not drinking that much foumula, but i see things saying he should have like 30 oz a day, he only drinks about 4 4oz bottles a day, here is my current schedule;
4am 4oz, nap till 630
8am 1 /4 cup oatmeal and one med jar fruit,
1100 4oz and nap
100 lunch, 1/4 c cerial, jar of veggies
200 4 oz bottle nap
500 Dinner, 1/4 c rice cerial, veggies
800 4-6 oz bed
1200 4oz

georgesmommy31

Asked by georgesmommy31 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does he run out of food before his hunger is satisfied? If he does, then give him larger portions. If not, as long as he is urinating throughout the day and having regular bowel movements, and still continuing to be active and growing, I wouldn't worry. Follow his lead when it comes to food. Don't push him to eat more than he needs. It seems like you are providing him with a good variety of balanced foods in addition to his 16 ozs of formula. The only suggestion I could make is to offer him another bottle when he wakes at 6:30 am. As he gets closer to the 1 year mark, the idea is to wean him off of formula and onto more solid foods anyway. It sounds like he is on the right track.
    Mention your concerns with to your baby's doctor whenever you see him next.
    juicepluskids

Answer by juicepluskids at 5:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Hmm... I don't know what to tell you. That really looks like a lot of food to me. My son (9 months also) nurses on demand and eats very little solids. I'll offer, but he's not really that interested.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 3:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008