Would you/ have you gotten a tattoo of/ for SO/DH?

So a year ago DH got a tattoo of me on his arm. To me it was a nice gesture. He has been hinting that I should get a tattoo with his name or image. I really really LOVE my DH but I am so reluctant in doing it. I have three tattoos and the only name I have is of my mother. I mean my son and DH share the same name buuuut my son goes by Tre` because he's the 3rd. IDK. I won't knock a person for doing it I just can't seem to do it. To be honest I don't even know why I can't bring myself to get a name or image.

mom2trewife2vic

Asked by mom2trewife2vic at 3:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• i know what you mean..

my husband and i have been seperated for almost a year. He had a new girlfriend. total bitch who brainwashed him. They got matching tattoos. :(((

Well im back together with my husband. I never was a friend of matching partner tattoos. now i hate them even more. it hurts everytime i see this damn tattoo. its not their names or an image.. its their zodiac signs plus a little heart..

hurts like hell to see that piece of wastes skin :(
    Anonymous

• You really shouldn't put anybody's name permenantly on your body, but a symbol might be ok. I am going on my birthday to get two m&m's on my ankle because they are cute and my husband and son's initials are M.M. Make sure it is something YOU want, not anybody else.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I FEEL YOU SHOULD PUT YOUR SONS FULL NAME AND DO IT FOR YOUR SON BUT MAKE YOUR SO THINK ITS FOR HIM....LOL
    Anonymous

• I tatoo all of my kids on me and if it is something my hubby would want to do I would just because I really think we will make it. I have never been so sure about anything in my life! If you would have asked me that same question before I married my hubby I would have said HELL NO lol:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 3:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i do not like writing, or faces for tattoos. when my husband and I were just dating, we got a tattoo together. It was a design I made, and we don't regret it (YET!).

But if he asked me to get his name or face, no way!!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• no matter how much you love your SO, men can come and go!

I will never get a tattoo for a man. I would only get something to represent my children as they will always be my children.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• If I had the nerve, i mite do my children's names and/or bd8s!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• while my husband was in Iraq i got a tat of a yellow rose with Mark's gurl under it ......he has several of my name...... we both love them.....and i love him so no problem doing it....
    nanawanda

Answer by nanawanda at 3:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I want to get one and my hubby doesn't want me to... so this is what we are doing...

create a symbol or marking or something that means something to the two of you and have that tattooed... For us it's a Red Rose and in the lines that make the petals will be hidden our marrage date... IF something happens and we split I will know the meaning but it would be easily changed or converted and no one but me needs to know.

If I had his name I'd feel funny if I dated someone with a different neme... lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I had a guy get his ex's name tattooed on his arm while we were together, which ended the relationship! Her name was Amanda mine is Sabrina... Not even close... Now he's married to a Lisa... Bad idea!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2008