I need help picking a color for my kitchen...

I am usually so good at this but Icannot invision the finished product like usual. So right now I have light oak cupboards, white appliances, and light oak hardwood floor. The paint is a horrible green color. I am eventually going to put tile or laminate in the kitchen and I already have a good idea about the floors. I am thinking light brown tiles. Do I just go with light brown paint too? There are 2 living spaces on eiter side of the kitchen. One room is off-white and the other is a very pretty pale yellow. I love these rooms. What color paint? light brown? I really like green (just not in its current shade) I like dutch boy #s N033 and N031 in green. I have not checked brown.

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 1:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• How about a blue? Like a sky or light blue?
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Burnt Brown is totally opposite of your current choices. Check it out with the paint selection.

Add extra touches using the colors in accessories throughout matching the other colors in the house.

The kitchen is the main room in many homes. If you entertain there, go bold. If you use it for family only, go warm. If it is your personal haven, use your favoirte hue.

Good Luck!

(Oh yeah, you can buy a room design kit at a office supply house!)
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 1:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• A Hmm, I was going to say a medium-yellow color as it sounds like it would be perfect, is the other yellow room adjoing or closed off? If it's open, that would work.. if not- I'd stay in the warm color range. Maybe something more red/brown like this? http://www.natethompson.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/kitchen-460x345.jpg
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 1:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think a burgundy color would look nice.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I was going to say yellow also until I read the rest of your question, I love my yellow kitchen, I would then go with a light brown shade then I have light oak cabinets, wood floors and I love the browns. My whole house is browns and blues except my kitchen I wanted it sunny.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think a light sage green would be pretty with the browns.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 11:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2010