Need some creative ideas on staging our home ...

All you creative moms out there I need some ideas on staging our home. I don't have much money to invest and I've read some tips on different web sites, but I just wanted to see what ideas you all might have...Thank you.

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Home & Garden

• If you are using your own furniture get rid of anything personal. like photos, photo albums, homemade stuff from kids, afghans, then get rid of anything that clutters and put it in storage somewhere. open all windows and curtains and blinds keep all pathways and walkways clear of clutter. fresh flowers on the kitchen or dining room table when showing, keep the tables set with dishes silverware and stemware. keep any smells like fresheners or potpouri to a bare minimum buyers with assume immediately you are hiding something. clean the oven, buyers will look in the oven and if it is dirty a woman will assume the whole house is. weird i know. keep the front of the fridge completely clean with no magnets or pictures, kitchen countertops clutter free. put only necessary clothing in closets making them appear more bare and roomy. good luck
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• New doorknobs and faucets -that feel nice and sturdy and look shiny -always make a good impression. They make the house seem more expensive and well built. I would use a furniture polish on cabinets and wood trim too. It will look newer.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Hey! I was an Interior Designer for 13 years and was in Real Estate for the last 5 years before I decided to take a break and give this whole SAHM thing a whirl... ;)
    My first question would be, where (in the country) do you live? Different areas have different priorities. Then I would suggest you take a digital picture of each room and compare it to Better Homes and Garden Mags, Southern Living, etc.. Look at arrangement, clutter. Things home buyers don't want to see: trashcans, more then 3-5 magazines on a coffee table, and cd/dvd racks next to the tv. There is a laundry list of "free" things you can do. But before you spend money, you need to see what your area demands are. For example, if newer kitchens are the upsale in your area and you live in a 10+ yr home, consider painting cabinets, tile backsplash, and a nice grade vinyl on the floor. Hit the key areas: Master, Kitchen, Living, Bath first...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Remove anything personal, fix anything that's broken, refresh (paint, etc.), clean, and declutter!!!
    Anonymous

• I would say clear all clutter ,clean,clean and then clean again like you never cleaned before.Fresh flowers,sparkling clean windows,and anything you could pack and move in storage do so.Make sure your furniture is staged with a nice flow that you can move from room to room and clear any furniture you dont need .Dont fill a room with big heavy pieces ,you really wanna show off the space you got.Clean and tidy front and backyard ,make it warm and inviting from the moment they pull up to the door,maybe bake some cookies so that wonderful smell of "AHHH HOME" hits them when they enter.Nice clean floors and carpets .Look at your home best assets and show em off ,every home has it negatives and positives you just wanna make the positive shine as to take away from the negatives.Good luck to you

nikki7376

Answer by nikki7376 at 12:40 AM on Oct. 17, 2008