Would you look at a pregnant teen differently than you would a pregnant middle-aged married woman? adult content

Some people automatically think when they see a pregnant teen that she is a whore.. I see it a lot in my town..

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 1:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well pmg1030... who is to say the middle aged married woman's baby is by her husband and not some random guy she met while out bar hopping to avoid her life at home? Who is to say she isn't turning tricks for drugs? Who is to say she is the one with the "self control"?

What if the teen is the better mom out of the two?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't think whore at all. The truth of the matter is that most teens are sexually active... just that one happened to get pregnant. A virgin can get pregnant their 1st time. I have all the respect in the world for teen moms because they are taking responsibility for their actions. It's like my sister's bible college basketball team. One of them got pregnant and the other acted like she was some outcast... when I KNOW not all those girls were virgins. I do look at a teenager who is pregnant different than a middle-aged woman just cause of the differences in life experience... but I don't look down at pregnant teens. I got married at a teen (at 19) and got pregnant at 21, and around here that's really odd. Usually people wait till 35+. I didn't get looked at rudely, but people did assume it was a mistake (even though we were trying for 9 months.) I just brushed it off.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 1:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I don't think whore, I do think that she is too young to be having a baby.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• In my mind, I look at them differently. I don't think, oh my, that girl is a whore, but usually a pregnant middle-aged married woman is more prepared and ready to have a baby. For a teen, this pregnancy was most likely a surprise and she has a lot a trials and hard times in front of her and has to grow up a lot faster than needed.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I dont think anyone is a whore when pregnant...MOST people are not ready for children no matter what age. AND I see more drug addicts and horrible people having babies then i do teen mothers.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I don't think that a pregnant teen is a whore... but I do feel a little sad that she is approaching motherhood without having a husband, and the child without havinga strong marriage established first. I would also feel proud of that mommy for taking responsibility for her unborn child.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• no Its none of my business who is pregnant and what age they are I just hope when the nine months are up the child is healthy and well received by either mother.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I see them as inexperienced and approaching a BIG step in life they may not be ready for with much more responsibility than they are more than likely ready for as well.

Then again I also see anyone pregnant in that way if they don't seem ready for what is about to happen.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yes, I would...Not because I thought they where a "whore" but because of the situation they are in...I would feel sad for the teen...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• yes, one has self control and the other doesn't
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010