Does anyone have an especially needy child?

I have twin boys that are almost 5 and a yonger boy who is 2. My twins are SO needy - I feel as though nothing I do with them or for them is ever enough. Their emotional tank just never seems to fill to the top. They have always been like this, but I had hopes that by this age it would have gotten better. My younger son is not like this at all. Does anyone have any tips for me or is going through something similiar?

maureen-3boys

Asked by maureen-3boys at 3:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe you could start offering a small reward or start a sticker type chart when they can do something for themselves. My 8 year old was the same way for the longest time. He's finally getting to where he thinks it's awesome to be able to do things by himself. It got very old when he would ask me to do something for him that he was perfectly able to do. I finally got fed up with it and made him start doing for himself!!
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I agree with sue thats what I had to do with both of my boys. They will get mad and it will take time but it works. Another thing praise them when they do something on there own even if it is something they do all the time. Then praise when they do something new on there own. They will make the connection and love the positive attention.
    gavrilmom

Answer by gavrilmom at 11:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2008