Dating/Long distance/Dating sites

Whats your experience? Good/bad/long distance romance. I want to hear your stories. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• i have had good and bad...just use good judgment. My hubby now lived 300 miles away from me when we started dating and he was in a online site that i was on although i didnt know of him he knew of me. We have been married 3 yrs tomorrow and i couldnt be happier. One word of caution is no one looks like their profile and most of the info is there to make them look good so dont get your hopes too high lol. Expect the worst and hope for the best.
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 3:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I had 2 different dating experience with long distance. Both were about 60 miles from me. The first one was all gung ho in spite of the distance in the beginning. But he complained after 6 months of the distance. He said that if we were to stay together, we'd need to both move closer to each other. The relationship had other problems and he was cheating on me - so we ended for that reason and not the distance. The next guy (I didn't learn did I) the relationship just fizzled after 6 months. It wasn't blamed on the distance but when the infatuation faded, the distance became more and more unbearable.

Now my boyfriend of 2 years lives only 10 miles from me. I vote for being geographically well placed near each other. Go for someone near you. So much better.
    Anonymous

• i meet my hubby on line and we have been married 3 years ........ he is the best so glad i took the chance i am so happy.good luck n ur search
    nanawanda

Answer by nanawanda at 3:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I met my BF on Match....believe it or not!!
    There are some good ones still out there...internet or not!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• long distance was literally that.... across the pond... me in uk him here in texas... we met playing spades at yahoo... seems crazy now but it happened somehow... we were friends for over 2 years before we met.... i was still married and sacrificed a lot moving here... we all have choices and lessons to learn.... i know i do... we have been married just over 3 years... was it worth it !!!! for most of it yes.. was i running away!!!!!! maybe from my controlling ex and how i felt... was it a selfish act!!!!! for me to answer that i would say no... i wanted my children to be free of all the arguements and also wanted my ex to find happiness!!!!! am i happy!!!!!! you can probably answer that!!!!! would i do it again !!!!! never .....oh and by the way my hubby is disabled ....... just so u know im not a party animal!!!!!! so in total we have known each other over 5 years....
    ginac44

Answer by ginac44 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i dated someone online from long distance but he turned out to still be married and so it didn't work out. my mother married someone she met online through the site i hooked up through. they are happy.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I met my boyfriend online...we've been together a year and a half, we're engaged, and we're having our first baby in December =D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i met my husband in a chat room 8 years ago but we lived in the sme town, not long distance.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 5:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2008