Gluten Intolerance

What are some signs and symptoms of gluten intolerance?

Everything I read online gives me different symptoms. I am noticing that about 1 hour after I consume gluten my chest starts to hurt and I start getting itchy all over. Could this be a gluten intolerance?

And yes I have seen the doctor for this, I am waiting for test results so am speculating in the mean time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Health

• Yes that could be a symptom..That is the thing about a gluten intolerance/Celiac disease. It is so missed diagnosed because there are so many symptoms. I have Celiac Disease and it is a very long process to get a diagnosis...Luckily for me, I didn't have to go through the process because I have an Identical Twin that it took 4 yrs to get the right diagnosis, she was diagnosed with every thing from IBS to lactose intolerence...I never had a lot of symtpoms of Celiac. I just got tested because her dr recommended I did since we came from the same egg...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2010