ok weird question?

Ok we have a ant problem not sure why house is clean and we have tried those traps and powder around the outside of house. Well tonight my dh wants to spray some on that raid in a can not the bomb were there coming from. Does anyone know if thats ok to be around while pregnant? or has used it while pregnant. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Home & Garden

• don't spray it in your face and you'll be fine :)

he did the right thing by spraying where they are coming from. Ants follow a scent trail and if you don't get it at the source, they will keep coming.
    Anonymous

• Let him spray it and have him wash when he is done.
    I agree, you need to find where they are coming in and spray there really well. I've been having recurring invasions for 2 months now and we are just now narrowing down their entrance spot. I am SOOO sick of ants.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• If you're worried about chemicals, what you can do to kill the ant trail is mix one part water with one part ammonia in a spray bottle; and spray the length of the trail. It eliminates the scent so the ants can't find their way back; and it also kills the ants. Sometimes they come back once the ammonia wears off, but they're less, and if you keep at it, it should really help. If after a few days you still have a major ant problem then I'd call a Pest Control service to see what they recommend.
    ChefMom94

Answer by ChefMom94 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• it depends upon the kind of ants. Little black sugar ants follows trails other scatter as scavengers. I would not use any type of spray around my baby born or unborn, sweetie. Call the exterminator its not that expensive and the job is gaurenteed. its worth the extra money for the aggervation.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 7:16 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Have you tried Terro ant killer? It's a stick substance that attracts the ants and takes the poison back to their nest to kill off the colony. That's the only way to kill them, is to kill off the colony at its source. It's always worked for me. Make sure to keep out of reach of the little ones.
    Sarvin4

Answer by Sarvin4 at 8:55 AM on Oct. 16, 2008