Does this reflect your area? A lack of enthusiasm among the Democrats...

While the political teeter-totter is a normal occurrence~ I am curious to know~Are you seeing a shift in your area?
~~~~~~~~
[AP]For the first time since 1930, Republican votes for statewide offices are outnumbering Democratic votes, according to an analysis from American University's Center for the Study of the American Electorate. And Republicans, eager to campaign against Democrats who control the House, Senate and White House, are casting primary ballots at the highest rate since 1970.

"It isn't surprising that Republican turnout increased," said Curtis Gans, director of the center, citing intense battles within the party and the opportunity for GOP gains in Congress and in governors' offices. "But what's likely to prove telling is the lower participation of the Democrats, the first tangible demonstration of what polls have been showing — a distinct lack of enthusiasm among the Democratic rank and file."

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No shift here, but this has been a red zone for many years. Haven't seen an elected Democrat in my county as long as I've lived here, and Republicans have always outnumbered Democrats something like 2-1.

To the south, San Diego just shifted back to the GOP in the past week or so.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I'm a blue county *sigh* that COULD swing RED for the first time in a LONG time! Woot!!

Picture1.png picture by Elemkay

The above was the results of the 2008 presidential election.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I haven't noticed it here but the Dems have been planning on taking over the state legislature in TX for years. They have their Acorn cast offs working up a storm. Pretty much same old same here
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My area of Wisconsin is Paul Ryan's turf. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say his seat is not threatened.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I'm in a predominantly conservative area, so no shift (which is to be expected).
    NonnasMomma

Answer by NonnasMomma at 2:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• No swing- I'm in a solidly blue County- (top 20 in the nation.)
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:56 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I am one of a very few Democrats in a predominately Republican small town. @@ And I avoid discusing politics. But I am contributing to the Democrat who is running against Michele Bachman, for sure.
    Otherwise, I don't see a change in the Twin Cities.This is a blue state. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2010