Feeding your almost 7mnth old...

Instead of buying the baby food jars what do you cook up and puree for your little one?

fenska87

Asked by fenska87 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No purees just tablefood in manageable pieces or fork mashable. No cereal. No purees. Easy, practically free, tasty, and no fuss. baby led solids particularly Gil Rapelys article.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• my baby doesnt have any teeth yet tho is that still okay?
    fenska87

Comment by fenska87 (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think its still ok, if they are soft food...no steak or anything like that..
    My son was eating table food when he was 6 months old or so
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Mine ate what we ate. Just mashed. It did mean we'd have peas for three days in a row, potatoes for three days in a row, and so on but that was no big deal.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Avocado and baked sweet potato is soft and healthy and perfect. I agree with AmileeGirl.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My 11 month old has no teeth and eats apples whole! Teeth are not required. I have given her whole apples since the start 7 1/2 months. at first she didn't get much but still enjoyed, but now makes short work of it. She eats corn on the cob and devastates plums. The can accomplish quite a lot the more the practice.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My boyfriend bought a cook book that included some great recipes for baby food that he whipped up for our little man. It included a good chicken noodle soup recipe, that we ate and blended it up for him. And also a great applesauce recipe. it also included a bolognese and squash recipes for baby food.
    RobinHarmony

Answer by RobinHarmony at 3:48 PM on Sep. 9, 2010