So, you have so many children you can't afford daycare therefore

you can't get a job. How is this my problem? How is it that the hard working citizens of the United States should have to support you and your family? I don't get it. Why didn't you plan better?

P.S. This doesn't apply to everyone, so don't go getting all bent out of shape. I just don't understand why any intelligent adult would let this happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well, first off... They weren't so "intelligent" to let this happen anyways. Secondly, I agree with you 100%!!! I couldn't have said it better.
    I hate the fact that we have to work so hard to support them!! Our taxes go to welfare and food stamps!! The thing that pisses me off the most is that when I go shopping at Walmart, I see 48 children running around the store, throwing junk food, tyson steaks and ribs in baskets when I am buying "Great Value" coffee creamer to save a few pennies. They get to the check out with 4 buggies full of CRAP and flip out the food stamp card!! When will the hard working citizens get a break?
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Well, unfortunately, things don't always go as planned for everyone. Ever heard of a bad economy and job market? Or pay cuts? I'm not on welfare, but I don't mind a tiny bit of our taxes going towards those who need it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Photobucket

People have a distorted view as to where their taxes are going. Only 3 % goes to social services. And only a fraction of that actually goes to welfare.

If you are angry about the amount of taxes that you pay then take it up with your Congressperson.

While I agree that it is not smart to have more babies than you can afford, sometimes accidents happen. But does that mean we should begrudge a CHILD food? NO!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I personally think its no one's business to judge another until they've lived a day in their life. Who are you to judge someone when you don't know them? I can understand thinking an obvious druggy who does nothing but get high and live off the state needs to get their crap together, but to sit and judge families who are doing what they can with what they have when you don't know their situations or any of the other factors that play into one's life is shallow and petty.

Some people don't "let" things happen. Sometimes life just happens. Its not one decision that causes someone to need help, its a culmination of factors, a lot of which are usually out of someone's control.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Haven't you ever heard the phrase, "Shit happens"? Well...same for life only in this case it's kids.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• SEriously, you don't even know why a person with that many kids is in that situation. Maybe when they started having kids they were financially stable and then somewhere down the line one of them lost their job and now they're on welfare. It is happening all over the country right now. Don't you watch the news?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Awsome job sleeping beauty!! People like to cry and moan about it, but in the end they really have no clue. 3%, wow thats a LOT!!! lol
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 2:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I agree with you. I have baby fever sooooo bad, but yet I still buy condoms because I can afford those, but not a child! I dont find it fair at all. I know a girl who is actively trying for #4 while she is on welfare and food stamps. Makes me wanna barf how stupid she makes herself look.
    AndysQueen

Answer by AndysQueen at 2:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Oh geez. Things happen that are sometimes out of our control. What good is this post doing? Does it somehow make you feel better? So a family may come on hard time and needs help? So what? Who are we to judge?
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 2:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Huh?
    You can't put a pricetag on people.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2010