should you dress your kids up for Halloween?

If you don't believe in Halloween or celebrate it, does it make sense to dress your kids up in costumes and go to the mall or attend Church?

novice2008

Asked by novice2008 at 2:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• Thats is so much a personal decision. Personally I would because its just part of a childhood tradition. Its nothing more than that anymore. But thats just my belief :)
    Walker101

Answer by Walker101 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• If you don't celebrate it then you wouldn't need to dress them up. That's part of the holiday.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My son would be very disappointed if he didn't get to dress up and enjoy it!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yes! it is all make believe. Even at our church, they do face painting (no costumes) and games. It is for children to celebrate and to receive candy. Even if they stay at home and watch scary movies or Charlie Brown. It can be made in to a very special family night for ALL. In our neighborhood, Halloween is a great excuse and last outing before cold weather for families to get together on the block.
    Lots of Fun!
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 2:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I am a church-going Christian and I just don't get how some Christians are so against Halloween. We aren't teaching our kids to worship the devil, we're teaching them to dress up in a fun costume and get candy...it's a totally separate thing.

The Christmas tree started out as a pagan thing too, but I've never seen a church without a tree in December...
    So_Blessed7

Answer by So_Blessed7 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 9, 2010