need some advice - or just cheering up.

Hey everyone, me and my financa have been trying to have our second child i have had my iud out for over 5 months now we have sex regular , and we enjoy it. I have my periods regular. But for some reason i am not able to get pregnnt could something be wrong? anyadvice on what i should try to help me? It's just so frustrating he might have cancer and don't want to not be able to have children if he goes thru chemo.. Is there something the doctor could do to help anything any adive or just nice comments would help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Just keep tryin' hon. You could always talk to your doctor about options. Keep your head up, I'm sure it'll happen when you least expect it. I've known people who had to try much longer than 5 months, but eventually got pregnant. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• As soon as you stop trying, your going to get pregnant. I know its a weird concept but it seems to happen toeveryone I know who is TTC. My friend tried for two years to get pregnant, and when she finally gave up and decided she must not be able to have kids, she got pregnant.
    Good luck, I hope everything works out for you!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• thanks ya'll , we had given up the past two i mean we left it in all the but just noticed we might not be able to with our daughter it took one time and with other kid with a previous woman it took one time. We thought i was this month i tested still negative its just so frustrating we wanted more kids especially thinking he might have to go through chemo which the doctor said really lowers us getting ot have another.

elizabethrai

Answer by elizabethrai at 2:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Take this advice. Stop! Go on a cruise or vacation. If he does have to go on chemo, you want have time later. When you get away and begin to relax and think about other things, it will happen. You both are feeling pressure and trying to control situations that you can't control. Plus, your love will get you thru this. TOSSING YOU TONS OF WISHES!
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 2:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would just keep trying. Here's a bump for ya.
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Don't stress about it to much and it will happen. It happens when your not concentrating on trying
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I have definitely heard that once you stop trying, it'll happen. And I'm sure that it's hard to not stress, but stress can and definitely will play a factor...so try to calm down. I agree with go on a vacation if possible...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 8:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Have sex every other day beginning when your period stops. You may be missing your ovulation; not everyone ovulates the same time in their cycle. Every other day will hit the ovulation while not lowering his sperm count. Good luck- you can also try the OTC ovulation kits. It took us 4 years and a fertility specialist. We are trying for our 2nd now, but I can't use the kits, because my hormone levels cause false positives and false hopes, since I don't ovulate often. Good luck!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 10:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• yes stop trying lol but gl
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 9, 2010