Spinoff question about Abortion Regulation....

(I asked this in my answer below)

What do you think should happen when you have a big ultrasound and are told that your baby has NO chance of surviving outside the womb? Should you then be forced to carry the baby until 40 weeks, knowing that it will not survive?

littleangelkiss

Asked by littleangelkiss at 3:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think that a mother should be forced to continue the pregnancy. HOWEVER, with that being said, I personally WOULD continue to carry the child. I would never abort. If the child has no chance of survival outside of the uterus, I would still give birth to it and let it die naturally and peacefully. I would NEVER kill my child (born or not) for ANY reason. I would let it happen naturally.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i agree with avasmommy.....
    it may depress me to no end but at least i would be letting nature take its course. because if i aborted it i may feel the rest of my life "what if"
    and i've heard of "miracles"
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 3:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I do think they should be forced to carry out the pregnancy....B/C Dr's are often wrong......

a church friend of mine had a ultrasound and blood work that told her that not only did her baby have Down's but her heart was undersized and formed wrong and she would die shortly after birth.....the baby was born with Downs but her heart was fine.....she is now 22 year old and happy!

Also.....its a decision that God and God alone gets to make.....ALL chldren have a right to life....no matter how short or insignificant others may deem it.....the child has a purpose....we may never understand or know....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Isn't it sad, that so many people wouldn't give that child the chance at survival? That they wouldn't want so badly to meet that precious little guy or gal that they would carry it with every hope?

I don't know for sure how I feel about this, because it seems that shooting your uncle because he's going to die, anyway is still murder. Now, that said, pregnancy is a difficult process, and loss of a child that late in the game is just terribly sad. However, I just can't stop thinking that it's worth it. That even the immense grief and pain is worth knowing that you gave that child the greatest fighting chance you were able...

I guess I just don't see how killing an unwilling victim can ever be a good solution...
    My_babys_mommy

Answer by My_babys_mommy at 3:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• So you honestly think a woman should have to carry a baby that has no internal organs to 40 weeks? She should have to go through labor and delivery?

Interesting....
    littleangelkiss

Answer by littleangelkiss at 3:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I don't think she should be forced. no one should be forced to place her life in danger to give birth to a child that will not survive. every woman who gets pregnant puts her life in danger. why forced her to give birth to a child that will not survive?
    Anonymous

• Wait...you said that the CHILD had no chance of survival. If it has NO internal organs then technically it isn't a child and is ALREADY dead. Actually, it was never alive. Your question was misleading.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• There is no medical facility in the US that would even advocate the mother carry the child to term, in a case like that. I am assuming this is a troll question.
    Anonymous

• I've heard too many stories of women who were told there babies wouldn't survive and were encouraged to abort... they held out hope and there delivered healthy babies. So me personally, I would take it to term.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• There is no test that is 100% accurate. I certainly wouldn't stake the life, or possible life, of my child on a test.
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 4:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2008