In your opinion...

Which past President made the best decisions for helping out country (economically and all other aspects)? Which past Prsident has made the worst?

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Hmm...Lincoln and FDR have to be the best in my opinion. Without Lincoln there would still be slavery and no equal rights between races. FDR helped us out of the Depression and got us through WWII.

The worst has to be Mr. Bush. I don't care what's he's "done" for the country...he's messed quite a few things up and made it too terribly easy for us to make fun of him.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Oh, and why do you feel that way? What did they do that was so great/terrible?
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• To be brutally honest.....I feel like they are all about the same.....they mess up.....they do good (sometimes) its human nature.....I am a republican so I tend to lean towards favoring Rep. presidents...but lets ALL face it....people just plain screw up sometimes......

If I had to name a really great president I would say the last great president we had was Reagan.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• If I had to name a really great president I would say the last great president we had was Reagan

he was a great speaker but a great president? how quickly people forget the iran-contra scandal.
    Anonymous

• I don't know who the best was, but George W. Bush has to be the worst! He involved us in a war with Iraq, when they were not the ones who attacked us on 9/11. He claimed in the face of proof positive that Suddam had no weapons of mass destruction. He has let our border with Mexico become a total joke, it is less than no International Border at all. The economy has fallen into the basement, and all sorts of human rights and freedoms are under attack in the one country that is supposed to stand up to tyranny anywhere else.
    Anonymous

• Reagan was a great speaker, but not a great president? Sound eerily familar? Barack Obama: Teleprompter King!
    Anonymous

okay I didn't realized that obama had already being president. i don't care I'm not voting for him. but I though the question was about past presidents.
    Anonymous

• Two that hits me quickest

Jimmy Carter- Panama Canal

Nixon- Watergate
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 4:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• The best FDR the worst Geroge W Bush
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 5:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• FDR's policies actually prolonged the Great Depression to last through the 30s and 40s and even in some areas into the early 50s. If he would have not put into place some socialist leaning policies, the Depression would have only lasted a short period and the country would have been back on their feet quicker.

Lincoln put in the central Bank and was getting ready to sign a bill to send all prior slaves back to Africa when he was shot....Lincoln is my favorite as well but there are still issues that do not bode well for small government or popular relations.
    Anonymous