HI, I wanted to make mini carmel and candy apples but, I cannot get it to stick. Any suggestions?

Melon baller used to make min apple balls. I cannot get either the carmel or the hard candy to stick to the moist apple.

kellyandkids

Asked by kellyandkids at 3:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Food & Drink

• try drying the apple. with a paper towel press the ball so that it gets the outside moisture off. then immediately dip it in the caramel.
    Anonymous

• Even if you managed to make it stick, unless you eat them immediately the moisture will turn the coating into goo. Caramel and candy coatings will only stick to a dry surface, and any ambient moisture will ruin the coatings.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I have the same problem, no matter how dry the apple the dang carmel drips off into a puddle.. grrr and I tried it last yr too. I used the kraft carmels and 2 tbsps of water like it said.
    LizMomTo4Girls

Answer by LizMomTo4Girls at 8:34 AM on Nov. 8, 2008