Is tylenol pm safe for baby during pregnancy?

I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and I have been taken tylenol pm because it seems to help ease round ligament pain. Am I harming my baby?

newmom_atl

Asked by newmom_atl at 2:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Health

• I would call your doctor.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• No, it's on the universal list of "safe" meds for all 3 trimesters.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• yes, my doctor told me to take it when I was pregnant with my daughter and in pain and couldnt sleep at night
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• sorry i should said yes it's okay to take and no you're not harming your baby
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would ask your doctor but I used it then entire time I was pregnant with my now 5 month old son (obviously not every night but I used it occasionally throughtout be pregnant).
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 2:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It was on my list THANK GOODNESS! That's the only way I slept. Call your OB though.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yes its ok to take it. Its tylenol and Benadryl together and both are ok to take during your entire pregnancy. You are also allowed to take Unisom to help you sleep. A long time ago, there was a anti-nausea, anti-emesis medication on the market called Bendectine and all it was was Unisom and B6 vitamin (they took it off the market for unknown reasons) but Unisom has helped me sleep a lot. Good luck!
    ncgrits1968

Answer by ncgrits1968 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010