Is there any help for the high cost of adoption????

I am looking for fundraisers, grants or anything else that may have worked for someone else.

Thank you!!!!

redheadmom79

Asked by redheadmom79 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Money & Work

• Have you considered foster care adoption? Through Dept. of Social Services? I adopted my son after he was taken from his mom due to neglect. She lived in my home, as she was my son's friend. It cost me nothing and he is the love of our lives!
    Heartlight617

Answer by Heartlight617 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• feel free to email me with questions(I dont really want to wirte a book) how specific are you in what you want to adopt.For example dose it have to be a white male infant or would a 2 year old hispanic female be okay too?
    electricblue

Answer by electricblue at 10:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Depending on what you are considering this is a site that provides information and assistance with adopting a child from China. www.shaohannahshope.org
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 11:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Available Resources To Help Defray The Cost of Adoption
    Available Resources To Help Defray The Cost of Adoption ..... rate is based upon credit history and will range from a minimum of 9.24% to a high of 25.24% ...
    www.angelfire.com/journal/adoptionhelp/adopthelp.html -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• go through foster care. Those children need homes and its free
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 8:25 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• YAY! I just read your profile and it says you were matched with a birth mom. Congratulations!!

My DH and I are also adopting and we feel you on the costs. One thing that has been extremely sucessful for us is fundraiser bake sales. We have raised about $3000 just by word of mouth. Other ideas are a garage sale (see if you can get others to donate to your sale) or a donation only car wash. People are very generous when they find out about your good cause.

Also, don't forget about the tax credit and research on the Internet for adoption grants.

Good luck and feel free to send me a message if you need more ideas.
    jamaicanmehappy

Answer by jamaicanmehappy at 1:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• When you do your taxes for the year of the adoption finalization, you will get around $10.5K from the federal government and, depending on what state you live in, you can get some money from them too. I'm in Ohio and we got $500...not much, but every little bit helps. Depending on what company you work for, some offer help with adoption expenses after finalization. GOOD LUCK!!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2008