Cheating husband...cant get over it

In April I found out DH was having an "emotional" affair. And I cannot get over it! He was my first and I was his. We have been together since I was 16 years old. He talked to this "other woman" on the phone for over 700 minutes that month and they were hanging out. Anyway I can't seem to get over it. He is going out of town next week and I am so afraid he is going to cheat on me. He keeps saying he isn't going to do anything. But I don't believe him....I am still so hurt! Any advice? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• In my opinion an emotional affair is the same as having sex with another person. In those cases it's ok to get a divorce. But maybe you guys should sit down and have a good talk about WHY he had the emotional affair. It may be hard to do but it might help figure out a solution. Tell him how you feel and tell him that he's teetering on the edge right now. I'd keep my hubby on a tight leash for awhile. That or just let him go and find someone who will love you.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• im going threw the same thing. dont trust him until he earns it. make it clear that if anything happens that you will leave. my hubby didn't cheat either but was texting a girl a lot and i told him to stop or we were going to separate. I even went as far as calling the girl myself and told her how i felt about it. i still wonder sometimes and all you can do is look and see if theres anything going on now that makes you wonder more.
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You won't like my answer. My dh did this. Him and the other girl talked about that much on the phone. That is how I caught him, from the cell phone bill. He said they were just friends and talking. He said this for almost a year. I couldn't get over it. So I was always asking if anything else happened. Always the same answer, nothing more than talking. He gets a text message from her one day saying happy new year. I text her back and said not to ever contact him again. I starting asking her questions and she told me they went out drinking a couple times and had sex twice. I immedietly called him and he came home from work and admitted to it. He had called in work 2 times and went to be with her, when I thought he was at work (3rd shift). con't...
    Anonymous

• I would seriously think your dh is lying to you about the only talking thing. I stayed with my dh through 3 affairs. I when i was pregnant (this one). He always tried to lie about it. I would not believe a word he says.
    Anonymous

• you guys need some serious therapy together. some marriage can work out through cheating. it's just how you heal in the first place. i think you guys just might be too young. although i have no idea how old you are now but if it's been since 16 i'm assuming that your young and that you guys didn't give each other enough room to grow and become real adults especially him. just cause you 18 doesn't make you an adult and know for sure what you want in life including marriage. he may not want to be tied down so soon in life. go get therapy and find out.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I have to agree with anonymous! Maybe you could contact that girl and ask her if something else went on. Just tell that you just want to know...
    Anonymous