Where do Liberals think the jobs will come from?

I'm just wondering where he thinks all these lost jobs will come from? Does he really care about the jobs? Fixing a few roads is not going to put America back to work. Forget that the first stimulus was supposed to be full of shovel ready infrastructure jobs. The taxes on all of these businesses will not do anything to promote hiring

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that HE thinks WE are all stupid, or something!! All this nonsense that he is talking about now was part of the original stimulus, the huge $787 Billion package, with all those shovel-ready jobs that were going to save us all from an unemployment rated over 8%, blah blah blah, we must do this now, or all will be lost, blah blah blah........... or was I off in my own little world then? If it didn't work then, why does he insist it will work NOW?? AND, all the original stimulus funds have not yet been spent, so WHY do we want to borrow yet more money??
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I don't know where jobs are supposed to come from. If you tax the big businesses so that they can't afford to hire anyone, put too many rules and regulations on small businesses so they can't hire anyone, and make it almost impossible to start your own business, where DO all of the jobs get created? The government? Are we all destined to work for the government?
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 3:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• If you tax the big businesses so that they can't afford to hire anyone

NEWSFLASH- BB left for greener ($$$$$) shores, zero corporate tax, and  no American workers or benefit packages a long time ago- and they're never coming back. Many government officials are also members of BB (yes, they double dip). BB and the unions are who get politicians elected- They are all in the perverse game and have been forever- If you expect to get elected to the big power positions, you pander-

In order to have a job, you'd better have a very specific skill, and experience to match (no job lapses). Your only other option is to own your own business. The most successful people and families I know have 1 person in a demand job and  the other owning a small business-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Oh please. Are you honestly saying that keeping the tax cuts for the wealthy will create jobs. It has been actually proven that this doesn't work. 95% of all small businesses wouldn't even be affected by this tax. The companies that would be affected already have the money to hire they are just choosing not to. What you are saying that in January if they don't expire jobs would just suddenly appear from them. The study shows this is the least bang for their buck. We would be way better off with that money coming in.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 4:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It seems like when the tax cuts for the wealthy were made, we had a much better job rating. But maybe my memory is foggy....
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 4:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Your memory has failed you. We had a much better job rating under Clinton which is exactly where they want to put the tax back to. When Bush did it we started going down hill.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• mommom2000, you are WRONG! I am a small business owner and am one of those "wealthy" people keep babbling about! Every Mom & Pop business I know fits in this category. Now let me tell you what will happen when those higher taxes go into effect for me. I have 3 jobs currently paying $10.45 an hour. They are not skilled jobs and I will be dropping the wages on them to $8.40 an hr (Oregon's minimum wage). I also won't be doing any more hiring any more non-skilled, I train and pay $18 an hour people. Any new/replacements will be earning $12 an hour. My plans are typical of those for small business owners belonging to our local Chamber of Commerce.

BO must think I am really stupid. He offers big tax breaks for me to go out on a limb and EXPAND my businesses then turns around and raises my taxes by not continuing the Bush tax cuts. What a fool.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• sisteract, you are right about the jobs being gone. IMO what we can do is foster an environment where today's small businesses and today's ideas can grow into tomorrows big business. I also think we should have higher taxes on the goods those big businesses are shipping in from their cheaper overseas locations.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I don't know where they think they are coming from but thanks to liberal policies passed in 2007 two hundred more just left virginia.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Funny, how it was Bush's tax cuts that enabled my family to save more money. I spent some of that money buying 2 businesses.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2010