sell on craigslist?

Do you sell on craigslist? How do you do it. I know how, but do you meet people somewhere to exchange the items so you don't bring them to your house? I guess I'm paranoid about letting strange people come to my home from online. But I have stuff I want to sell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Money & Work

• We've sold many things on Craigslist. We talk to the people on the phone before they come over and before I give them my address. I always make sure my husband is home with me when they come here, too. We've never had a problem. All of the people have been really nice. We've sold a bed, a dresser, speakers, baby gear (swing, exersaucer, etc.) and we've had great success with it! Good luck!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 3:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• im not sure what it would be like where you are but here in hawaii when i sell things people come to my house to pick it up, but i always place pictures so that people wont say they want to come by and see it unless their serious buyers. i usually sell the big expensive things on there but all the little stuff i sell in a grage sale.
    Keolalani

Answer by Keolalani at 3:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I have sold and bought stuff on craigslist. I usually go to their house or they'll come to mine. Usually you can tell if they're weirdos just by talking to them. I know people that have met in between the distances but I dont.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 3:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I have met people at shopping complexes to buy stuff on Craigslist, that way it's public and safe, and we meet in the middle so it's easier for everyone.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• We sold my hubby's car on craiglist. I would be uncomfortable having strangers come to my home if I were there alone. But hubby took care of it. If you don't feel comfortable with them coming to your house, meet them somewhere close by.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• we bought from craigs list and my hubby went to the lady's home. he sent emails and called b4 going over
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2008