Flu shot?

I know that it is recommended that pregnant women should get the flu shot. I am currently contemplating getting it. I was just curious what your opinion is on it and if you are planning on getting the flu shot?

pinkie8986

Asked by pinkie8986 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm not getting it but I'm not sure why every one is saying they speak against it they basically force it on you pregnant they have posters and everything and now this year its the flu plus swine flu shot so they are saying for sure to get it but that's why I'm not my husband got the swine flu my son and I didn't he had had the shot and we hadn't I just don't like new vaccines
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Well we personally do not get the flu shot at all in our house and I would definitely NOT get it while pregnant. There has been no testing done to see how it effects the fetus and I don't want to be a guinea pig. I would just take some extra Vit D, Vit C and perform daily nasal flushes to help ward off the flu like we do in our house every year. Oh and eat a well balanced, non processed diet too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I got the shot with 2 of my 3 pregnancies due to time of year they are given. The one I did not get the shot, because she was born in Oct., and they wouldn't give it to me because I wasn't 6 weeks post-partum, DS1, DH and I all got the flu. It was horrible. I was so sick and practically hallucinating from the fever yet had to take care of everyone.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i have never had one and never will.
    it is our government that recommends pregnant women get this shot.
    i do believe that the flu shot manufacturers do not recommend it.
    keep yourself strong, eat well, sleep well stay hydrated, keep stress to a minimum, and you should be just fine.
    i worked as a substitute teacher for my first pregnancy and never got sick. take your prenatals...a good food based multivitamin would be even better, take some fish oil and a good probiotic too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I got one with both my pregnancies and had no problems from it. My honest opinion is that it is completely fine to do. I'd had the flu before. I didn't want it again and I sure didn't want it while I was pregnant.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i do believe that the flu shot manufacturers do not recommend it.

This is not even close to accurate.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i didnt get one but i dont believe in shots and think they are a joke and a way for the gov. to make money. but it is up to u!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I am currently pregnant and will not be getting a flu shot. I have never gotten one, not even while pregnant.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• right anon. it just says that safety and effectiveness has not been studied in pregnant and nursing women and children.
    why bother?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i hope your not planning to get a flu shot,thats crazy,the drug companys are not reporting the whole truth.and the goverment beiief whats on their report.for one thing it has mercury in it,and another it brings your imune system down,and the babys is to weak.if your going to do it.at least do it when the baby is born.it dont have a chase with that poison inside you.remember everything you eat,it it too. you have a better chase eating right and taking vitatims,youill both benifit from it.ive never gotten a flu shot in my life,and im healthy as can be.some people have a weak immune system then others,even children are very sensitive to shots,thats why some get sick worse then others.well i hope i answer your question to the best .take care and have a safe healthy life.
    iforgotit

Answer by iforgotit at 3:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2010