What are your views on Halloween?

I personally don't celebrate Halloween because of its origin and was wondering what everyone else thought about it.

godsgrace1

Asked by godsgrace1 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm with you. so many ppl celebrate it without realizing what it is and what it represents. Even if it were just a night of gathering and eating candy it's not a healthy thing to have kids do anyway! We don't need our children hopped up for days on a sugar marathon. Dentists and businesses are the only ppl that come out ahead on that holiday!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• It's just a day to dress up and get candy... We personally go to a local festival at a local church. The kids dress up and play games, and ride rides...more like a fair. The prizes for the games is candy. about 1/2 the children that go are dressed up and about 1/2 are NOT. No-one cares and it's just some good family fun!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• this should start some controversy. i say if your religion is against it, and you truly believe in it. teach your children the same. and take the question of. good luck
    x0x0mommyx0x0

Answer by x0x0mommyx0x0 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• it's my birthday.... that's the only reason i celebrate it personally!
    first1nSCARED

Answer by first1nSCARED at 11:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• it is just a fun day for the kids to get dressed up
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• It is my absolute favorite holiday, but since I embrace the origin of the holiday I am coming at it from the other side of the field than you are. So on the subject of holidays with an origin I don't personally find reason to celebrate, I don't avoid them, I just cut out the parts I am not comfortable with.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I love Halloween>we do it with the kids all the time.it is fun to get the kids dressed up and get candys for the kids
    dilumo84

Answer by dilumo84 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i like halloween. its a pagan holdiay but hwat the hell? so are most of the traditions around christmas but you never hear anyone complaining about christmas trees do you? its fun for the kids and not necessarily and evil thing. intent has a lot to do with it.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i think its a good day to just let ur kids have fun and dress up and just enjoy themeselves
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I know its origons and i dont care.

I mean its been transformed into something different. Ill let my kids celebrate halloween, and actually we have gone to our church the last two years for a "harvest festival" on halloween.
    Cmyfantasyworld

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 1:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2008